Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Flowing From the Mouth of the LORD

Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.” (Matt 4:4)
This is so full! I am not sure (well – to be perfectly honest – I am positive) I cannot do it justice in one post. Actually, I am pretty sure this will be one of the scriptures that will take up a full semester in heavens classrooms. (I am laughing now because one man's heaven is another’s punishment – and I don’t want to scare anyone off thinking heaven is nothing but a school room – LOL)
Let’s jump in with the original quote. Jesus is actually quoting Moses here. Just before Israel was to cross the Jordan and Moses was headed to the pearly gates, he says this. The funny thing is, “but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD” (and I remind you I am not a Hebrew expert, I am just looking at some reference materials) is just 3 Hebrew words, and 'word' is not one of them. Moses is referring to manna as that which springs forth, or flows out of the mouth of the LORD. Our life comes from within our Creator, and flows to us from His mouth.
Now my minds eye sees a mother bird feeding her brood. To them, she is the source of all life and nourishment. Without taking what she is offering, and eating it, they would die.
Look how wise the little birds are. Every morning (at the very least) they sit and let their mother feed them whatever she has gathered.
A few months ago I was in a conference, and heard Rick Joyner talk about “the Manna test” He said “Do we esteem Him so much that we will seek Him first thing in the morning? This will determine whether you will walk in His way – Manna is a test because it is daily and humbling” (not a direct quote, just what I got down in my notes) We need to come to the Lord with a heart that cries out (like the baby birds) “I must have something fresh from You today! I can only live by what comes from Your mouth!
Will you sit with me in the nest today with heads thrown back and mouths wide open crying out to our Father, “Feed Me! Feed me! I must have more of You today!” [Tweet This] Let’s live like that today.
Oh – one other thing – when He does give you something, make a note of it. Let’s agree to highly esteem what proceeds from His mouth!
Thanks for reading today. More on this verse in my next post.
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment