Saturday, July 7, 2012

Oh, That's what you mean by Love! (A Saturday Extra)


What does the Love of God look like?
I can trust my Father because He has my best interest in mind at all times. He loves me. What does it mean to love? Many of us know that there are a few Greek words for love, but the one used most often to describe the Father’s love for us is Agape. The best definition I know for this kind of love is this. Love does whatever is in its power to bring about the best for its object. Notice I did not say give the object of my love what they want, but what is best for them. The fuller the love, the higher the expenditure of resources involved. What I mean to say is this. If I love you a little, I will expend some of my uncommitted time or energy to see that you are benefited. I will consider what I see as the best outcome for you, and put some of my free resources to work for you. That may be time, money, talent, what ever.
If there is a deeper love (agape) commitment, there will be a higher level of involvement on my part. I will be more focused on what would be best for you, and expend more effort seeing it through.
Now let’s just say I am the One who created you (as well as everything else) and love you unconditionally, with a love that never fails - a love that is stronger than death - a love that can not be separated from Me by anything, created or uncreated - and I know you better than you know yourself, and I understand all possible outcomes of your life. My resources are limitless, and are completely at My disposal to bring about the best outcome for your life.
That is how Your Father loves you.
Thanks for reading my Saturday special
Come back soon.
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment