Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Persecution in the real world.


So just as I was sitting down to put the finishing touches on my blog about persecution, and it is not bad, I like it, I check twitter. My pastor, Chet Klope linked to a sight with a news story about a church in Kenya that was brutally attacked on Sunday (July 2, 2012). Two armed police were disarmed and then gunmen attacked the church service with rifles and granades, killing at least 10 and wounding another 40.
Here is the link. Read it and weep – no really read it – take it in – look at the photos and let your heart mourn.
I sometimes think I have a grasp of what persecution is, but in light of this, my mouth is stopped.
Today - if you are living in religious freedom - be thankful! 
I remain, Ben

1 comment:

  1. Eva comments from facebook: Sadly this is happening in many places... even places like Nazareth. But the message of these martyr deaths for us is to speak out and act for justice while knowing that our only real freedom is in Christ. Pray for the persecuted church.

    ReplyDelete